In the beautiful state of Montana there is a dark secret lurking in the shadows, addiction. Montana has constantly has the highest rates of drug and alcohol abuse in the country. When most think of the state of Montana they do not think addiction, however national statistics show this is a huge problem. A large majority of those suffering from addiction in Montana try to ignore it and refuse help, others are ready to start their recovery and enter into a treatment program. In 2010, there were 7,744 people who entered drug and alcohol rehab in the state of Montana, thousands stayed in the shadows of addiction.
When ready to start the recovery the next step is deciding what type of treatment program is going to be the best for you. Faith-based rehab programs help the addict heal their mind, body and soul. Allowing the addict the opportunity to get health both physically and mentally as well as setting things right with God in their life.
What is a faith-based rehab program?
A faith-based rehab program is an approach to treating addiction with spiritual guidance. Doctors and staff of the rehab program are Christian, they are there to assist in the needs of the patient as well as provide spiritual guidance. From start to finish in your recovery stay you will be provided with a safe and secure place to heal from addiction, to recover your mind, body and soul.T
Some Aspects of Faith-Based Rehab Programs
- Behavioral Modification therapy; helps the patient learn to live without drugs and/or alcohol
- Medical Detoxification; a process in which the patient is cleansed of any chemicals and toxins related to drug and/or alcohol abuse. The patient receives non-addictive prescription medication under the supervision of a medical Doctor to help control the cravings and relieve the symptoms of withdrawal.
- Group therapy with a Christian Counselor; Allows the patient to reveal their story of addiction to others, helping the addiction to recover as well as offer and receive support with fellow addicts.
- Individual therapy with a Christian Counselor; Helps the patient get to the cause of their addiction and learn how to live without drugs and/or alcohol
- Daily meditation and Prayer; Helps the patient find inner peace, a way to deal with stress and not use drugs and/or alcohol. Allows the patient spiritual healing
- Weekly trips to a house of worship; Allows patient the chance to enter into Gods house and get right with themselves and God.
There are many benefits to the spiritual healing process used throughout the patients rehab stay. It allows the patient to feel as if they belong, they have a reason for being here, as well as to forgive themselves for their addiction. The patient is up for a life time battle but with the assistance of a faith-based rehab they can get started onto the road to recovery in a safe and secure environment.