In the beautiful state of Virginia there are thousands of residents fighting addiction. In 2009, there were 30,119 people admitted into drug and alcohol addiction treatment facilities according to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. Many of those seeking help went into Faith-based rehab center in Virginia, they were looking for a Christian approach to addiction recovery.
Is a Virginia Christian Rehab right for me?
Faith-based rehab is for those Christians looking for a safe and secure environment to recover from addiction and practice their religion openly, using it as an aid in the recovery process. Faith based rehab centers are commonly staffed by Christian Doctors and staff, this allows them to assist in all areas of the recovery process, from medical to spiritual. Faith based rehab centers take the traditional methods of recovery and combines it with those of the Christian religion. According to Chemical Dependency professionals for those of the Christian religion to use faith based recovery centers to aid in their recovery from addiction can greatly increase their chances of success and lower the possibility of relapse.
Faith based rehab centers offer aspects that are similar to that of traditional rehab centers such as;
- Detox to cleanse the body of any chemicals and toxins related to drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Behavioral modification therapy to help the addict learn to live a life of sobriety, taking away the dependency on drugs and/or alcohol
- Group counseling to help the individual through the recovery process, share experiences and help others through recovery
- Individual counseling to help the individual to understand their addiction, the cause and work through any issues due to drug and/or alcohol abuse.
All of these tradition aspects of a rehab center are incorporated with the Christan faith, offering spiritual guidance and prayer.
- Daily meditation and prayer helps the addict to find inner peace and develop new ways to deal with cravings and temptation
- Prayer Group allow the individual to openly express their faith and aid others in prayer for recovery
The combination of Faith and tradition recovery technique can help those suffering from addiction to regain control of their life and maintain their sobriety.